Thursday, October 27, 2005

Beginnings

The name I chose for this blog, "Little Endian", is a computer term referring to the ordering of bytes within a larger multi-byte number. In a "little-endian" architecture, the least significant binary digits (the little end) are stored "first". But that has nothing particular to do with anything I intend to write about here. I just needed a title and "Little Endian" seemed a slightly whimsical title that ties in with my being a programmer.

My purpose in writing here is to communicate with others (family, friends and whoever may come across it) how in the past couple years I have decided to reject Christianity and its god as untrue. This was not a quick nor painless decision. I have written two essays that cover some of the same ground that I hope to cover here, but I hope that a blog will permit a sort of monologue (and dialogue) that can continue, live and grow rather than being simply a snapshot.

So that is my beginning. Welcome.

1 comment:

Edwardtbabinski said...

Hello Endian!

Your blog was mentioned in a portion of John Loftus's "Debunking Christianity" blog. I just wanted to say hello and wish you the best, and suggest that you visit Steve Locks's website (easy to google by name), "Leaving Christianity," and visit some of the sites that Locks lists that seek testimonies of former believers. He'll probably add a link to your blog to his "What's New" page as well.

Cheers!
Edward T. Babinski (author of Leaving the Fold: Testimonies of Former Fundamentalists)

P.S., You should join tweb (Theology Web; a popular debate forum that's free to join) if only to post a message about your apostacy and invite some twebbers to visit your blog. Those folks love to write, and there are both Christians and non-Christians there. Bound to interest a few readers.